Monday 30 April 2012

‘Little Black Jacket by Chanel’ Video

 

So I have been thinking about making the Chanel style jacket from the March edition of the Burda Style Magazine…:

109patternimage_large

…out of this silk tweed fabric from my stash:

I’m only at the ‘thinking’ stage, and I’m not even sure that I have enough of the fabric (I may cry if I don’t!). But I’ve recently been reading Claire Shaeffer’ Couture Sewing Techniques (omg, so amazing – I have learnt so much!) and thought perhaps I could add a few ‘couture’ elements to the jacket. I wouldn’t go full out couture, as I’m nowhere near that stage, but it would be nice to perhaps have a nod to couture sewing at least.

So in my search for more information on the internet, I came across this video, and I loved it so so much that I just had to share:

Tell me I’m not the only one totally mesmerised by this video – I actually find it so relaxing to watch (if you ignore the very urgent music!), and don’t you just love how they focus in on the sound of the shears cutting through the fabric!

If you enjoyed that, you will also love this older Chanel video (which you may have already seen):

Related Posts with Thumbnails