Tuesday 22 April 2014

Make It Yourself : Old Navy Eyelet Dress

Su Sews So So Make It Yourself 3

OK OK, I know so far I have only been using Kendi as my muse in Make It Yourself, but what can I say – she wears clothes that I can find matches for! I’m keeping my eyes out for other sources though.

Inspiration:
Old Navy cotton eyelet dress as seen on Kendi Everyday

Make It Yourself:
Fabric: Embroidered Circles Cotton Eyelet & Larger Cotton Eyelet both from Sew Over It (both £15/m)
Pattern: Vogue 8766 view D

Here is a view of the full dress:
image

It’s a little hard to see the details, but the skirt and middle bodice panel of the dress are made up in the small circle eyelet, with the two side panels of the bodice made up in the larger eyelet. I couldn’t find an exact pattern match, but it would be a pretty simple pattern hack to just slice a panel out of the middle of the bodice pattern piece (well, side of the pattern piece, because it will ask you to cut on a fold) – just don’t forget to add seam allowances!

Such a cute summery dress – I am so tempted to make this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails